Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Warmth



Earlier in the year we were asked to capture the term: Warmth in our photo class. It was a great focus word as it kept cozy thoughts of warmer days in our minds and helped to withstand the final days of winter. I experienced a wonderful AHA moment in my basement one afternoon. I went down to stoke the fire, and there was a streamful of warm afternoon light pouring in through the one tiny window in the basement. No other light existed and it was a beautiful sight-whatever it touched it lit up in a warm glow. It happend to be striking an old ratty rocking chair and my cat Tesu thought it was the best place to lounge in the house. So, here she is. My challenge was slowing down the shutter speed enough to capture the small amount of light in the space. That's when the 'light' went on and I realized what my new tripod is for...AHA!!!!! I was able to slow it right down to 30 or 60 and capture my wee cat-when she stayed still of course. Lesson learned!
S