Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Evening Inspiration


Last night we had the most incredible thunder and lightening storm:) Just as I got into bed a massive crack ripped open the sky and the aftershock of thunder rolled through my belly. Completely awesome. But it was right after dinner that the sky began to fill with dark clouds and the evening light changed into that wonderfully magical studio-style backlight.
I hit the backyard in search of some shots and found a shock of colour as some new flowers had appeared-the first of my poppies and iris' were open and reaching for the electric sky.
Here is what I came up with. A steady hand and slow shutter speeds had to do as I didn't want to run inside for the tripod and risk missing the light.
These were taken with a 4.8fstop and anywhere from 60-150 shutter speed. Flower season has arrived in my garden and I will have plenty of inspiration for the coming months!
Cheers,
S