Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Apple Pie


Can't you just smell it? Can you see the steam rising?
I had to capture my first apple pie...made with apples from our little Shamrock tree! I was pretty nervous about making the crust. For some reason I have always thought that making a pie crust was some special gift that only certain people had...and that it was really really hard to pull off. Well, that's just hogwash! For all of you who have been scared to try your first pastry for fear of failure : Roll On I say! It was easy and looks pretty good so what the heck:) We will have to wait to find out how it tastes until Thanksgiving when it comes out of the freezer, however. Question is...can I actually wait that long?
Man does it smell awesome in my house right now!
S

1 comment:

Indigo Eve said...

Mmmmm, ok, I just finished eating homemade (but not made by me) apple pie for dessert and I can really just imagine how good that is going to taste! I second the encouragement for making one's own crust and good for you for taking the leap!